Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jhitesma View Post
    I was under the impression that some of the errors in the prints in #13 were due to the resin moving during the printing (creating intentionally by bumping the printer to see what kind of effect it would have.)

I'm sure there are dampening issues with the mirrors which are being worked out, but I was thinking more along the lines of how to keep the resin stable since it appeared that the resin moving during the printing was creating some of the errors as well.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding and the only issue is the mirror dampening in which case isolating the printer itself wouldn't make much of a difference (but still seems it couldn't hurt as external vibrations could still be passed through.)
    No, I misunderstood, really. I had dampening on the mind and you used that word and my mind went there. Isolation is a great idea IF you have need for it. I can set my peachy on an adjacent desk that receives 0 vibration. Even when I have it on my own desk and move around and occasionally bump the desk, the resin only ripples or sloshes for a moment, too little time to mess up the print. Still, anyone who does a lot of printing may want some kind of isolation. So please post your designs!

The issue in update 13 is from a funny issue that I have noticed. PP28 had a little wiggle to it, not as rigid as PP29. This meant that if you whacked the desk hard, it would physically change the positioning of the hardware!

I tell you this not to discourage you, but rather in attempt to illustrate what that shot is about. This issue could absolutely be solved by your inner tube idea, so keep working on it!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    The issue in update 13 is from a funny issue that I have noticed. PP28 had a little wiggle to it, not as rigid as PP29. This meant that if you whacked the desk hard, it would physically change the positioning of the hardware!

I tell you this not to discourage you, but rather in attempt to illustrate what that shot is about. This issue could absolutely be solved by your inner tube idea, so keep working on it!
    Yeah, the wiggle there was from working on a rickety table and kicking it a few times, among other things.