Close

Threaded View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    OK!

When I was printing with my second 3D Printer Hictop 24V, would get the same. It would print one model perfect then the Next would have the 3D Printer making strange moves.

One time it would go to X-Min and just sit there doing nothing a quite some time.
    The next time it would jump 20mm then dive into the model.

I 3D Printed a Cover for my Controller and lined the inside of the Cover with Aluminum Duct Tape. This did not fix the problem but it defiantly made an impact for the better.
    After doing every thing I could think of, finally I moved the LCD controller to the front. (Pictures Attached)

Blue Case.jpgLCD front.jpg

This helped the most though, I still have the occurrence though it is very seldom.
    Ended up wrapping the controller ribbon cables with Blue tape, then Aluminum Duct Taping them with to the Aluminum Frame separately.
    When that were bundled together still had X-Axis moving to the extreme right and returning to finish the print for no reason.
    Even purchased Spare Controllers and LCD panels because was told that they were bad.

I have two 3D Printers both were having the same problem, however the 24V system was having the most problems.

The Twins 2018-3.jpg

Had a single controller that "would reset in the middle of a print", Until Hictop finally replace it under warranty (" now no more controller problems ").

I wish you luck as this was hard to diagnose an most still do not believe that my EFI Shielding was the solution to the problem.
    No Bad prints or crazy printer movements since on either 3D Printer.

And yes I hate the LCD controller on the front of the Printer as the HOT-BED covers the LCD when fully forward.
    Many times I have tried to place the LCD in a different location and the crazy printer moves return.
    As you can see only a couple spots to mount the LCD Front or Top.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-04-2018 at 07:01 AM.