Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    webbing is down to three things.
    make and colour of filament. printing temperature and the retraction settings.
    Retraction on a bowden setup can be tricky.
    On my he3d k200 I use 2-3mm retraction distance and 60-70mm retraction speed.

That tends to give me the best results.
    The other thing I do that completely removed stringing for single model prints, is to totally stop the printhead travelling across empty space.
    In simplify3d this is the relevant setting.

What that does is route the printhead around the already printed bits of the model. So any stringing is not noticeable.
    Delta's can have pretty high travel speeds without any probpems. So it doesn't effect print times in any noticeable way.
    The other retraction settings I change according to the filament type and what I'm printing.
    This isn't the computer i print from so the settings shown above are currently pretty random.

One thing to avoid on a bowden setup are very long retraction distances.
    I've seen people recommend 6mm and longer.
    Bear in mind there is ALways slack in a bowden setup. so long retraction settings will result in short periods where there is no filament flowing at all. Which will cause it's own issues.
    Short and fast is the way to go :-)
    But iy can only work if the filament is at the right temperature. I find that printing pla hotter works best for me.
    Seen people print pla at 180c - 200c is my lowest. And that's usually reserved for black pla printed at fairly low speeds.

And avoid crossing outline for travel movements.

I have no idea if you can do this on other slicers - as the only other one I use is flashprint - and it doesn't have this option. But then that's for a direct drive printer and I get zero stringing on it anyway. Even with multi model prints.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-07-2018 at 06:46 AM.