Close

Hybrid View

got frustrated trying to install cura-build so I tried again to configure my 3.5.1 to work properly. I googled up the following advice:

I wondered too the first time I installed it (especially when Anycubic talks about having a profil in Cura 15.04).
    In the end, you should be able to take any kossel system printer as bases, and tweek a few things.

I personnally used Hero101 settings, changed width and depth to 200, and hight to 333. ( little joke I guess from Anycubic engeneers.)
    Elliptic plate, Marlin Gcode, and for the printhead settings just take your ruller ( I don't use print one by one for the moment).

Like magic I was up and running again. Sorta. I am trying to print a funktopus at a much more reasonable size.
    Now it's PAINFULLY slow. I've got about 4mm of height in almost 2h30m of printing time. The layer quality is also significantly worse.

I'm really just mystified. I don't really understand what is different between the kossel pro settings and the hero101. I'm generally pretty savvy and can figure stuff out, or at least tinker, but I'm completely at a loss here.

Octoprint looks interesting. Do you think it would run on an raspberry pi V1?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by funktopus View Post
    Octoprint looks interesting. Do you think it would run on an raspberry pi V1?
    Do not have an answer for you other than. I have both my 3D Printer on there own Raspberry Pi 2B's,
    have seen video streaming issues but nothing I was worried about.

Octoprint Recommended hardware is : Raspberry Pi 3.

Please note that the Raspberry Pi Zero is W is not recommended since severe performance issues were observed.

Sigh.
    So the configuration problem is solved. It was super complicated. I had to check the "origin at center" box. *facepalm* Now I'm printing at full speed. Quality is improved, but I'm still getting spiderwebbing. It seems like some PLA is slightly leaking out from the top of the nozzle causing globs of material to be deposited. Now that the machine is moving full speed it is much less, but it's still definitely there.