Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 3Design View Post
    Thanks again for the help earlier to both of you. So seeing as how I cant figure this standalone unit out. Will need to tie into the main board to supply this heated pad with juice. I swapped the thermistors mentioned in the last post and get an accurate reading but it won?t heat and then keep the bed hot it just shuts off after one round of heating....Could either of you elaborate on how I would proceed with this? Im capable of anything but understanding whats required is a bit over my head right nowIt appears I have a Ramps 1.4 board from verifying on google, just with a white coating. It has an unused D8 port for the heating pad and a T1 port for the thermistor...coolThe power supply is a Meanwell RSP-100-12. Will this setup supply enough power for a 200w silicone heating pad? Is there any tests to verify? I have a voltmeterThen how to proceed... upgrade the power supply if needed...Do I NEED the Marlin source code.... or just a slicing software other than the recommended Tinkerine Suite which has few standard settings and input a line in g-code?Bluestacks Kodi Lucky PatcherBeen 2 1/2 months waiting to get this thing a heated bedI appreciate any further assistance!
    very helpfull explications thank you for help
    Last edited by klimbo; 02-24-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Design
    Thanks again for the help earlier to both of you. So seeing as how I cant figure this standalone unit out. Will need to tie into the main board to supply this heated pad with juice. I swapped the thermistors mentioned in the last post and get an accurate reading but it won?t heat and then keep the bed hot it just shuts off after one round of heating....Could either of you elaborate on how I would proceed with this? Im capable of anything but understanding whats required is a bit over my head right nowIt appears I have a Ramps 1.4 board from verifying on google, just with a white coating. It has an unused D8 port for the heating pad and a T1 port for the thermistor...coolThe power supply is a Meanwell RSP-100-12. Will this setup supply enough power for a 200w silicone heating pad? Is there any tests to verify? I have a mybalancenowgetmyoffer.capitalonemywmtotalrewardsvoltmeterThen how to proceed... upgrade the power supply if needed...Do I NEED the Marlin source code.... or just a slicing software other than the recommended Tinkerine Suite which has few standard settings and input a line in g-code? PatcherBeen 2 1/2 months waiting to get this thing a heated bedI appreciate any further assistance!
    thanks for sharing