Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I never use abs :-)
    Plus on a open framed printer with an unheated build volume - neither should anyone else :-)
    Plus I'm pretty sure some of the print surfaces I have would let you print at lower temps then usual.
    I do have some abs plus - but even that stinks when you print it.
    I've been trying to give my old abs away for years.
    Once people try pla or pet-g - they just don't want even free abs.

The print plate temp is interesting - it used to be listed at 110c.
    We'll see :-)
    Ah ha - pic says 60c, text says 50-100c

Also - only straight pla and abs need a heated plate. All the pla with inclusions and flexible pla (also all the tpu's), will happily print on unheated build plate

Reasons i want one: built in wifi, proper build plate levelling out of the box, it can sit on top of my k200 delta - so won't take up any desk space. Properly portable. Should be simple to run it off a 12v lithium ion battery pack. It's the cutest printer I've ever seen. :-)
    I'm going to switch the nozzle out to 0.25mm and use it for super detailed and fine prints (apparently if you go much smaller, nozzle wise, you get real back pressure issues).
    Pretty sure I will be able to print wheels with built in bearings small enough for 20x20 extrusion. Plus much other stuff.
    As far as a beginner goes - it has everything an expensive machine will have - and is pretty much the best out-of-the-box plug-n-play budget machine you can currently get. Plus easily removeable print bed.
    Planning on getting some aluminium discs made that I can keep different print surfaces on for testing purposes and others.

From the point of view of someone new to 3d printing. It's perfect.
    Cheap as chips - in the us anyway. Way more expensive in the uk ;-(
    For $160 you get to try 3d printing on a machine with pretty much all the more expensive features. So if you need a larger build volume you'll have a much better idea what features you need and which you don't.
    Plus very good print quality.

I'll let you know about the build plate in a month :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-22-2018 at 03:48 PM.