Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'm not sure I've mentioned how much I dislike arduino ide ?
    So just in case that's slipped by you: AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better ;-)

I ran through the repetier config process, connect the board, load the repetier.ino file and - obviously - get an error.

Apparently ide doesn't think that something in the sd card setup is right.
    I can't see anything wrong, and - obviously - it won't tell me exactly what it thinks is wrong, so it won't compile or upload the bloody firmware.
    sheesh.
    At that point I swore copiously and gave up for the night.

I'm currently contemplating just giving up entirely and putting the thing back together with the original board and screen.
    I have now modified the z-axis endstop so that it's a simple bolt screwing through a nylon locking nut, which was the only physical issue I had with the machine.
    Once you screwed the bed nuts down so that the springs are really tight - it was almost impossible to adjust the end stop bolt as it used three nuts that you couldn't really get at.

Now it's just a simple hexhead bolt that goes up and down without any hassle and won't move by itself.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I'm not sure I've mentioned how much I dislike arduino ide ?
    So just in case that's slipped by you: AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better ;-)

I ran through the repetier config process, connect the board, load the repetier.ino file and - obviously - get an error.

Apparently ide doesn't think that something in the sd card setup is right.
    I can't see anything wrong, and - obviously - it won't tell me exactly what it thinks is wrong, so it won't compile or upload the bloody firmware.
    sheesh.
    At that point I swore copiously and gave up for the night.

I'm currently contemplating just giving up entirely and putting the thing back together with the original board and screen.
    I have now modified the z-axis endstop so that it's a simple bolt screwing through a nylon locking nut, which was the only physical issue I had with the machine.
    Once you screwed the bed nuts down so that the springs are really tight - it was almost impossible to adjust the end stop bolt as it used three nuts that you couldn't really get at.

Now it's just a simple hexhead bolt that goes up and down without any hassle and won't move by itself.

I have noticed with arduino ide if I open arduino by double clicking on the file it is like certain libraries or things do not get loaded with it and it wont compile. However, if i load arduino ide by itself and then load the file within that I always find the joy. But on this side of 2.0 I use atom and dont use arduino anymore. Have you thought about trying to setup Marlin 2.0.5.3 ?