Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Right - found my other screens. Turns out the new marlin firmware on the mks base 1.5 is actually set up for a reprap full colour smartgraphics, NOT the mks tft touch screen. Well that explains that, but not the smoothieware where the screen was defnitely set for the tft.
    We don't setup touchscreens in marlin. This is because they communicate over a serial connection. You know, like USB. We adjust the device to what the controller is doing. That is match the baud rate. And most tfts do not like 250000 and you need to set the mainboard to 115200 and then the tft set to that and enjoy the magic. They get 5v pwr, gnd, then get latched to rx and tx pins but not from the usb controller. And so these are more akin to setting up a usb device. The settings for the screens in marlin are for things that occupy the exp1 and 2 sockets. You know the ribbons of old. You can not connect rx to rx and tx to tx. these are recieve and transmit pins and need to cross each other. the mainboards recieve should be wired to the screens transmit. And vice versa. And a lot of these boards are limited in how many serial devices they will support at one time. THis is my problem with the MMU. It too connects to a serial connection and so I can not run the mmu with the touchscreen. And you will find poor or no actual functionality of your touchscreen when you are connected to usb because that serial connection gets prioritized. However, there are mainboards with better support for more serial devices. These include but are not limited to the SKR PRO, The BTT002, or the 11 axis GTR 1.0. Those are just the supporting options from one manufacturer.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 09-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.