Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Did i already mention how much I dislike arduino ide ?
    The only place I've found to set the baudrate is: tools, serial monitor. Where i set it to 250000 and it seems to work fine.
    However when i come to upload I get this in the error message:
    C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega1280 -carduino -PCOM2 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_ build_722464/Marlin.ino.hex:i

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM2
    Using Programmer : arduino
    Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
    avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
    And as far as I can see that's the reason it won't upload.
    Had a look at avrdude.conf and it says: don't edit this file as it will be overwritten next time you compile.

Which would suggest that something, somewhere is telling it the baud rate is 57600.
    AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-13-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Technologist
    Hmm, I don't think that's the problem, I have multiple boards that use either 250000 or 115200 bauds and Arduino programs the fine, no need to change baudrates. I'd check the board for bootloader; if it doesn't have one, the upload won't work that way. Instructions for uploading without bootloader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZVTYpHnpIw

Technologist
    That output is from the actual firmware which I think doesn't know or care about bootloader. Can't remember if the boards with a bootloader print anything else during boot...
    Haven't had any bootloader-less boards so can't be sure, but the way to check if there is a bootloader actually is to try to upload the firmware using the USB connection; it it uploads, you have bootloader. If not, no bootloader. And if no bootloader, you need the thingamajig USBtinyISP to program the board.

Alternative for modifying the firmware is to use gcode-commands to change settings using the USB-connection. Pronterface is good for this, as is Octoprint. Haven't used S3D or other USB interfaces. Octoprint even supports Marlin EEPROM editing with a plugin. If the board has EEPROM enabled, you should be able to save the settings with M500-command. If not, you need to issue the commands every time printer is started.
    You can change axis steps with M92-command https://www.reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M...steps_per_unit. From your firmware output it seems that current settings are X78.74, Y78.74m Z2560 and E105. So modify the M92 line for correct steps, they should be active immediately.