Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I've only ever opened ide first and then the 'marlin.ino' file.
    So I'ts probably not that.

Currently waiting for some 3mm lock-nuts (?1.44 for 50 inc deliver from uk - mad) I'll incorporate them into good grip wheelie things (lol must be a proper word for a notched edge wheel). That will make bed levelling both easier and hopefully - why I'm going with lock nuts - longer lasting.

I did comtemplate drilling the bed holes to 4mm as I already have 4mm lock nuts. But I don't have appropriate length 4mm bolts - so is cheaper and easier to just buy the locknuts and avoid drilling right on the edge of the plate.

Now I've read that some people have had success uploading firmware with the board just plugged into the usb. I did try removing the 12volt power wires - but no joy just on usb.
    So I think I'll unplug everything and try it like that.
    All the other boards I have, work fine just on usb - obviously you can't run motors. But with just the board plugged into just the usb - they usually fire up.

So that's probably next, on the firmware saga.
    As I've got the bed to bits anway.

On another topic entirely. Picked up a couple of tubes of dimafix at tct this year.
    It's some clear liquid in a plastic tube with a dabber type top.
    So I put 3 layers on the klic-n-print.
    No noticeable drop in liquid level in the tube.
    So far did about 5, largish prints - 4 in the same place. second nozzle was causing issues on the overhang curl, so the last one - which worked was rotated.

Got the first layer speed up to 40mms. THis is a 120mm long print. No sign of warping.
    Printed at 65c and once bed had cooled prints came off easily.

No sign of wear.
    Have to say I'm very impressed with the stuff.
    Hot end on delta is currently under repair. Struggling to get the teflon tube exactly right length and placement. So klic-n-prit is currently the main machine lol
    The dimafix stuff, almost gets it up to the same print speed as the delta.
    Interested to see how it lasts. But so far - seriously impressed.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-16-2018 at 05:55 AM.