so we've hit the first serious issue.
card reader on the motherboard is definitely broke.

I have a screen with built in card reader that never worked on the big delta.
Doesn't work on this one either - I will have to admit the screen's dead. Tried just plugging the card reader in and while it sort of recognised it, wouldn't actually read it :-(

So okay I need to buy a screen with card reader. Not a huge problem - ?7 from china.
However it also doesn't like being connected by usb. This could be possibly related to the 250000 baud rate.
So I can't currently even use it tethered with any reliability.

I suppose I need to find out how this marlin thing works (if it updates from a card, I'm stuffed lol) and how I go about changing the baud rate.
I feel an email to roxy coming on :-)

On the really positive side this print surface from lameda.com is amazing stuff.

I can run the first layer, with no smoosh, at 50% - and that's on a 100mm/s print speed !
This makes the damn thing significantly quicker than the delta with printbite - which doesn't like fast first layers at all.

I was going to keep the second sheet as a backup - but now thinking I;'ll fit it on the klic-n-play instead. Now that I'm using flashprint - that's back up and running again :-)

But yeah actually needing to replace a electronic component isn't good.

Still keeps me under ?100.

When it's working - even without a cooling fan it's an impressive machine.

Oddly enough when i told my dad how the bed moved forwards and back and the printhead went side to side. His first response was: that'll be faster then.
:-)