Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse

X Idler subassembly

X IDLER SUBASSEMBLY
    As on the X Motor subassembly, I added an M5 fender washer to the bolt for the eccentric spacer, and the bracket for the nut on the Z-axis threaded rod was temporarily installed for fit check and nut alignment. The bracket used in the fit check was kept with the X Idler so it would be the one permanently installed later.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT: I later added a small block of scrap wood to the bottom of the X Idler to improve the mating surface with the Z endstop switch. See the later ENDSTOP INSTALLATION post for a picture.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT #2: Even later I opted to change the Z endstop switch approach, so the small block of wood eventually became unnecessary.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT #3: During final adjustments, how the belt rides on the idler bearings can be adjusted by moving the idler bearing bracket slightly on the v-rail. I later incorporated a custom belt guide design. I installed it after using the printer a while simply because it's a better design approach that won't allow the belt to rub on the wood brackets. Although the thingi is intended for the i3v Y idler, it works for the X-idler too.
    Last edited by printbus; 05-02-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: migrated to offsite image storage due to 3DPrintBoard issues

Add printbus on Thingiverse

Thermistor Build

THERMISTOR BUILD
    Cutting the small high temp sleeving tends to collapse the sleeving, making it hard to slip onto the thermistor wires. I found opening the cut end of the sleeving with a stick pin was helpful.

I ended up shortening the sleeving and thermistor leads for the hot end.
    Last edited by printbus; 08-10-2014 at 11:40 PM.