Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Larry. Glad to know the build thread was helpful, and that it helped sink the hook as far as your interest in 3D printing.

I'm sure that if our kids were still home, we'd be printing a lot more. I haven't used any of them, but the range of filaments (silk, wood, marble, etc. ) out there is pretty amazing. Based on what I see in the various reddit and discord channels that I follow, the fine detail models that are available for cosplay, gaming, etc. is also incredible.
My son got us in to 3d printing. He really wanted one. That is what got us started. We print with mostly PLA. i have PETG and ABS I use for some projects. I bought some Ninja Flex to try but haven't used it yet.

I have a RPi project box I designed on the plater at the moment. I'm having a lot of fun with this stuff.

I have a couple Orange Pi Lites I use for cameras on homebrew. I am using a program called motion. I am using the GPIO pins to control canceling prints if I see a issues and turn cabinet lights on and off. I am using Python to control the GPIO. It works good. I don't print over WiFi. I have used Octoprint. It does work good. I used the OPi's because they were dirt cheap.

I am putting another RPi setup to replace the OPi's. I am having as much fun with the harderware/software stuff as I am with printing.