Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse

X Idler subassembly

X IDLER SUBASSEMBLY
    As on the X Motor subassembly, I added an M5 fender washer to the bolt for the eccentric spacer, and the bracket for the nut on the Z-axis threaded rod was temporarily installed for fit check and nut alignment. The bracket used in the fit check was kept with the X Idler so it would be the one permanently installed later.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT: I later added a small block of scrap wood to the bottom of the X Idler to improve the mating surface with the Z endstop switch. See the later ENDSTOP INSTALLATION post for a picture.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT #2: Even later I opted to change the Z endstop switch approach, so the small block of wood eventually became unnecessary.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT #3: During final adjustments, how the belt rides on the idler bearings can be adjusted by moving the idler bearing bracket slightly on the v-rail. I later incorporated a custom belt guide design. I installed it after using the printer a while simply because it's a better design approach that won't allow the belt to rub on the wood brackets. Although the thingi is intended for the i3v Y idler, it works for the X-idler too.
    Last edited by printbus; 05-02-2015 at 11:38 PM. Reason: migrated to offsite image storage due to 3DPrintBoard issues