I hear you. I just gave mine to a guy who is excited about doing the same thing. It was a good printer and I used it a lot for a long time. About 3-years ago my "Itty Bitty" motor/head mount cracked. I didn't have another printer and like a dummy, didn't have a spare ready to go on the shelf. Instead I bought a Bambu P1S. But when I went to look at new machines, none of them took 3mm filament by default. And only a couple could even do that with a mod kit. I had about 20 rolls of filament, all stored in plastic bins with desiccant that was not totally absorbed yet. I didn't want to just throw that out or recycle it. I listed it on Craigs List and after about 3-months a guy wrote and said he wanted it. He was going to tear it down, put it back together and give it to kid to use. He also had access to industrial bulk filament dryers. So I think my old 'i3v-8' will live on. It was a great printer and had nothing wrong with it except the cracked mount. If you revive yours write back. If the guys updates me one day I'll do the same.