Close

Student

Flashforge Creator X extruders hitting off the frame?

Hi,

I boought the Flashforge Creator X yesterday. I set it up and had no idea what to do but after researching online, i managed to update the firmware etc. Now however, the extruder seems to be pushing pla out just off the board and the extruders themselves hit the frame on the left/right (x axis?) and make a grinding noise for a second. Also, when i try to level the plate again, the nozzles aren't even on the plate! I've looked everywhere for a fix. I used the ReplicatorG software and It might say something in there to fix this but I cant find it. I don't know what to ask and I cant see any reference to this issue online.

Im really looking for a button that says "reset extruders to middle of machine" or something.

Any help would be amazing because I'm too nervous to even put the thing back on just now incase i damage the motor.

Thanks guys

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    We have a flashforge section, it may help you

http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...ashForge-Forum

As far as setting the extruders to the middle of the machine, you can open the machine console in replicator G, this gives you a visual representation and lets you move things where you want them.

You will not damage anything. If you want to move the head yourself, turn the machine off then grab the two big steppers ontop of the extruders so you have a nice handle and slide it where you want it - but make sure the machine is off and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Geoff; 05-16-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Student
    Ah thanks Geoff. It was a 2am panic. Lol. So glad you can't break the things like that though. Cup of coffee and back to figuring it all out.

Thanks for getting back to me