Close

Thread: ABS Warping

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    any particular reason you want to print abs ? pla and pet-g are both easier to print and just as good ((usually better) for pretty much everything. You can print abs on an unenclosed printer - if you use a raft. I did that quite successfully for the first 6 months or so of owning a printer. Then I tried pla. No raft, stronger, better, faster, more accurate prints. never touched abs again.But even with a raft, because of the built in shrinkage, you won't get good layer adhesion with abs. So abs printed on an open print bed, will always be weaker than pla.
    The reason I have been trying ABS is that I bought 5 rolls when I got the printer almost 3 years ago and always thought that was the best and strongest but will have to try some of the newer ones.

The new Cura seems to be better than the one I installed 2 years ago so for the first time I turned on raft and supports and checked the bed and the print I did last night stuck for the first time in ABS. But as you said the layer adhesion on ABS was bad and many layers came apart.

This is on a very thin long item but a thick item seemed to print perfectly but with little pressure it broke but super glue fixed that.

Thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by Firepower; 07-20-2018 at 12:12 PM.