I must not be asking the right questions as I have received almost no responses other than from one Moderator. Never the less, I’ve fought my way through most of the issues, replacing the hotend with a micro swiss all metal hotend, added the glass bed, added braces to the Z axes, several adjustments to settings along with elongating the slots on the Z axes and moving the limit switch down. All have had positive effects but it seems when I solve one problem, others crop up. I need to print parts from ASA for the UV resistance and managed to get one part printed. I removed the part and selected print for the next identical part and the extruder stops a few rounds into the skirt. It did this on the first part so I removed the gear motor and cleaned out the drive gear that did have partials embedded in the teeth. Once reassembled, all went well till I called for the next part. I am waiting for the hotend to cool down to clean it again as it is again refusing to extrude. The odd thing is that I can manually run the extruder and the filament flows fine. It only stops after it starts to print. I can only make a WAG as to what may be happening. Could it be that there is just enough trash in the drive gear to allow it to slip once the filament has a slight back pressure when extruding onto the bed? It will not extrude again if I lift the head up and run the extruder until I release the lever and push down on the filament. It will then again work OK till the head goes down onto the bed. It may extrude a small amount or may not, once it starts the brim. Any ideas are welcome.

BTW: I placed an order for the original Prusa MK2 but it’s weeks out.