Close
Flash Forge Inventor II Spring Promotion

Recommendations for a 3d printer for a beginner?

Hi everyone,

Hope this is the right forum, sorry if it isn't.

I'm an electrical engineer and I want to build something which I can "stuff" electronics into - an electrical board, switches, screens, etc. I can't really say what it is, because I don't really know what it is myself yet.
    So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to use 3d printers to create some model, put electrical components into, and then close it (say, with screws)? As far as I'm concerned, even a simple square model is okay.
    2. What 3d printer would you advise me to use for this purpose? I prefer to limit myself to a budget of $600 but if there is something that suits my needs and costs more (not that much more), feel free to mention it.

Thank you!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep making boxes is more or less what we all start with :-)

$600 can go quite a long way these days.

Any idea of maximum size you might want to make ?

Follow Access3Dservices On Twitter Add Access3Dservices on Facebook Add Access3Dservices on Thingiverse
    I'm about to start my first build, Hypercube Evolution with a 400mm x 400mm x 400mm build volume, BOM of cheap Chinese parts was $625 shipped plus about a spool worth of PETG printed parts required as well. If you don't need a printer that big the 300x300x300 is even cheaper.

-Joe