Quote Originally Posted by LoboCNC View Post
Hi - I'm new to this forum. I've worked on the development of this printer, and I can assure you that the rendering is quite complete. Well, the filament spool is not shown, but the complete X-Y-Z mechanism is all there - it's just really minimal. I've done a fair amount of printing on a couple of their prototypes that are functionally equivalent but are not nearly as attractive as the rendering of the production design they used in their announcement. Unfortunately, I can't say much more until the crowdfunding campaign launches in a couple of weeks.
My apologies for the snark earlier.

I'm a bit curious though, how it moves in the x-y axis... At first, I thought I saw the plate attached to a threaded rod across the middle of the enclosure, but now I see that it's a smooth rod, at least in the render, which makes less sense for how the plate could move on it in both x and y axis on it. For that matter, now that I look again, it looks like the middle bar in the Z axis is smooth too, is the smoothness of the apparent driving shafts intentional, or is it for the cleanliness of the render?