Close

Hybrid View

Im using ramps with a mk2A heated bed. Do you have any other recommendations?

A MK2A heated bed is a great go to bed. There are rubber mats that I have seen people starting to use, but I haven't heard anything that proves that are a solid route to take.

I also use RAMPS and a MK2A heated bed, not my Delta though.

I'm getting off track.

RAMPS, 4 Motors, 12V 12A PSU(or higher, no more then 12V 20A is needed) and you are good.

Best of luck with the build.

For awhile my hotend kept on getting driven into the build plate.

Oh oh, and as an aside, I am using a nicely polished piece of granite I picked up from Rona as the build plate. Little bit of tape, or glue stick and it works great.

This is good to hear as I can find a Micro-ATX psu or a mini-itx psu to control my octopi and still fit it within the bed. Is 16A okay for RAMPS and a heated bed?
    Quote Originally Posted by f.larsen View Post
    A MK2A heated bed is a great go to bed. There are rubber mats that I have seen people starting to use, but I haven't heard anything that proves that are a solid route to take.

I also use RAMPS and a MK2A heated bed, not my Delta though.

I'm getting off track.

RAMPS, 4 Motors, 12V 12A PSU(or higher, no more then 12V 20A is needed) and you are good.

Best of luck with the build.

For awhile my hotend kept on getting driven into the build plate.

Oh oh, and as an aside, I am using a nicely polished piece of granite I picked up from Rona as the build plate. Little bit of tape, or glue stick and it works great.

For a Delta..... I believe it should be yes. Anybody else who is a little smarter in this area, it would be great if you chimmed in with your experiences.