I am sure they have excuses but after many years of working in industry and a backer I find this to be not acceptable that we do not hear it from them proactively. I myself reminded them about the MIA hardware video promised in update 8. To be honest I think overall poor communication has plagued Rinnovated/peachy (James being an exception during the last days of the KS campaign). I sincerely hope it is not something that will continue in the future. I believe it has already cost them enough in terms of distrust and lost backers not allowing them to reach their full potential during the campaigns and I believe if it continues it may result in loss of trust and support from their backers and ultimately their failure to meet their potential.

I know that one can't deliver everything on time but one can always deliver communication. One can always manage expectations; particularly the ones you create yourself. The way forward is simple, I for one would appreciate if Rinnovated could be more proactive on communication and thereby be more respectful of their backers.