Student

Notes

Hmm... I suppose something to the extent of:
    Engineer
    Staff Engineer
    Senior Engineer
    Principal Engineer
    Chief Engineer

In regards to the backend, a member level doesn't change for previous posts once it reaches the "x" point.
    See following image:
    Member Level.jpg

Two posts. One changed, but the previous didn't. Odd.

Also, on the back end, I had to manually select that I wanted to subscribe to posts when commenting. To me, that should be set as a default. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't receiving a notification in my email when something new was happening to a thread.

Last, the timecodes on my posts were off. Typically there is a setting in the back end for the user to select their own location or time zone, though I didn't see this on VBoard's. Hmm....

Student
    Yeah, just doing a quick test right now. My local time is 3:57 PM, and the timestamp for my post is 10:57PM.
    There needs to be a region preference setting somewhere in the back end. Maybe I just didn't see it.
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-26-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCoPilot View Post
    Yeah, just doing a quick test right now. My local time is 3:57 PM, and the timestamp for my post is 10:57PM.
    There needs to be a region preference setting somewhere in the back end. Maybe I just didn't see it.

Timestamp for your post shows as 6:57 PM for me over in Eastern...

//EDIT: Time right now is 11:28 PM and the timestamp shows as 11:27 PM, so mine is fine...

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCoPilot View Post
    Hmm... I suppose something to the extent of:
    Engineer
    Staff Engineer
    Senior Engineer
    Principal Engineer
    Chief Engineer
    OK, there is another thread about this. I'll post your suggestions.

In regards to the backend, a member level doesn't change for previous posts once it reaches the "x" point.
    See following image:
    Member Level.jpg

Two posts. One changed, but the previous didn't. Odd.
    Odd I agree. It might be something that needs to update when the counters on the site update daily.

Also, on the back end, I had to manually select that I wanted to subscribe to posts when commenting. To me, that should be set as a default. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't receiving a notification in my email when something new was happening to a thread.
    I've changed it so that you get notifications of PMs. However, I don't know if we should make it send email notifications for subscribed threads or not. Might get annoying to some. What do you guys think?

Eddie

Student
    In the instance of Facebook, you're automatically "subscribed" to a conversation when you make a comment. I would do the same. The real question for me though is how easily it is to UN-subscribe.