Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well if the problem is only in your first process and not in the second.
    make the first process a cube or pillar that has no bearing on the print. Then with luck the 2nd and third will work fine.

I've never had any luck at all with s3d and dual material prints.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf55 View Post
    No S3D expert, but I noticed that layers 2&3 has the same Z height, along with the pairs 4&5 and 6&7. Very Strange. Looks like an empty later, can you edit it out? ( i.e. with notepad++ or similar editor
    Side note, I too have noticed a lack of support on the s3d forum. See this link which is also posted in s3d.http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...l=1#post113196
    Yeah, it's like if something is too complicated they don't go near the topic.

I've learned a lot since buying my printer but I am sorely lacking in my Gcode knowledge. It's weird that it prints correctly though and, since it does print correctly, I'd be concerned about what I'm deleting if I don't fully understand it.

As an example, my current workaround is to run the print prep as one process, look at which layers I need my temp changes at (let's say layer 23-25 for example), then go back and run the dual extrusion wizard and set the temps according to this. In the new preview (because of all the weird slicing) it might look like the second process starts at layer 58 but if I set the temp changes between layer 23-25 it works correctly. So, at this point, I can't use the "Start/Stop at N height" function and I must slice twice to know which layers to change my extruder temps at.

If anyone is big on Gcode I'd be willing to uploade one of these prints Gcode files.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well if the problem is only in your first process and not in the second.
    make the first process a cube or pillar that has no bearing on the print. Then with luck the 2nd and third will work fine.

I've never had any luck at all with s3d and dual material prints.
    What a great idea. I will absolutely try this. I have many single layer prints I've designed as my own form of primer and I can do one of those and see what happens.

Thanks guys