Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm really thinking it would be its own subsection. I'd like it if people would be willing to help out as a charity type idea, rather than trying to profit.
    Yes, I understood you meant it would be its own section. I was just saying "It would be great if it ended up being 4 or 5 sections. Like BioMedical materials for 3D printing, Issues around printing organs (once materials are available), etc, etc)

One thought I had is that it would be really 'healthy' for the community here (and promote this new section) if we could find worth while projects. It would be fun to work on a complicated item as a team with everybody contributing what ever they could (and wanted to) contribute. Your lawyers might get a little uncomfortable but think about the possibilities of an open source, collaboration effort to make Parts for People that have no other way of getting help?

Perhaps the first thread in the new section could be a solicitation to anybody that knows somebody that needs a part? Part of the selection process would be to identify something actually do-able and probably low enough risk that if the group botches some element of the design nobody gets hurt?

And if this idea worked, eventually the Parts for People section could have several interesting projects being worked on all at once.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-06-2014 at 12:45 PM.