Hi all,

I tried advertising it for sale a while back but I couldn't get rid of it, so here goes.
I bought a Muve DLP a few years ago, a DIY kit, and could never get it to work. It had consistent Z-axis issues where it wouldn't zero properly, the build plate non-stick cover was problematic etc. and I never got further than half a (small!) print finished before it stuck to the vat.

Basically, seeing as I can't get rid of the kit, I decided to either turn it into a CNC mill or 3D printer. I already have a replicator 2, but I want to turn this into something more like a higher build volume printer for prototyping or building (for example) costuming part blanks for moulding, that sort of sized thing. My plan is to build something with a reasonable build area (bigger than the replicator), maybe 350-400mm cubed?

The current list of parts I have available is as follows:

Aluminium Extrusions (all are a Misumi HFS5 profile unless noted otherwise)
2x 240mm
4x 320mm
6x 322mm
2x 360mm
2x 415mm
10x 460mm
2x 312mm (HFTF5-2020 profile, door)
2x 410mm (HFTF5-2200 profile, door)

Microrax:
2x 60mm
2x 100mm
2x 160mm
1x 300mm

Bunch of screws, bolts, nuts, washers etc (arbitrary, I can buy these as needed but most are in M3, M4 and M5, with some M6)

2x M8 threaded rods (I didn't get the chance to measure but I think these are about 3-400mm long iirc)
A bunch of sliding blocks
2x shaft couplings
2x linear motion guides

A bunch of brackets and angles etc.
2x NEMA 17 steppers
Arduino Mega-2560 and RAMPS 1.4
A ton of cabling
Microswitches

Basically if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!
I would likely run it similarly to the Makerbot, with a more solidly supported build plate. Possibly supported in all 4 corners, using 2x Z-motors central to each pair of corners (L/R) that utilises a dual-pulley and belt system.

pulley.jpg *excuse the crappy drawing!!

I'm just trying to come up with ideas at this point but realistically I want something with a reasonable build area and am willing to spend a bit extra on electronics or boards to make it work.

Dual extruders would be pretty cool too, but not necessary. The ideal would be to run primarily PLA with a dissolvable support.