I really don't know anything about filament printers. I'm only here because I want to make a DLP resin printer. And now I'm procrastinating getting my own work done, so I will post in your thread. I hope you don't mind .

from the videos I've seen on youtube, it seems to me that especially for a large format filament printer, two print heads would be nice. You can run a filament that dissolves in water on the second print head for your support material. Of course, perhaps you want or need to make things that don't really need support material or the easy removal of support material?

Just an idea.

Also, how hard is it to build your own?

T slot is pretty and all, but I'm guessing you could make it out of wood and it would be just as good? But with two print heads! And for half the price?

I don't know, some 2x4's, plywood, aluminum angle....are there some build logs of this?

Heck, 3 print heads, multiple colours (yes, I'm Canadian, that's how we spell it) and the option for dissolvable support material.

Like I said, I don't even own a filament printer, but if I was going to make a large format one, those are all things I would consider. If it comes to that, don't worry, I will be asking YOU for help!

I'm just trying to provoke some interesting thought. No offense intended. Good luck with your choice making.