Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Velyks View Post
    Hi my name is Tom, I'm 25 from London and I've backed it for the kit and the tub. As soon as this lovely piece of engineering is in my hands I'll be straight down to the London Hack Space to set it up as a long-term loan for them. Since it is a 3D printer in a hackspace it will then immediatly break without reason and we'll all have so much fun by adding our own "improvements".

First plans are to add an arduino and LCD display to throw out statistics such as current layer, resin depth, drips per second, and estimated print time. Look forward to seeing all your updates!
    A lill off topic but i guess you wont be needing to add a arduino nor LCD display,
    Since you can attach your Smartphone/pc to it, And your Smartphone can also work as LCD since it should be able to get the same information.

What is a better idea is adding a sort of Raspberry pi and get it wireless :P

I'm Ben, from London (or there abouts!), backed for the kit and the reservoir.
    I'm a big RaspberryPi fan, lack of microphone port might be a stumbling block to start with

The Peachy will be my first 3D printer, looking forward to "making" things!

Hi everyone!!!! My name is Amir Jabri! I backed Peachy Printer on Indiegogo and I'm so inspired and excited about this project and proud to be from midwest Canada! (Winnipeg Here, Saskatoon is one of our closest neighbours!) I'm actually a polymer chemist and have gotten really obsessed about this project and done a lot of research on resins and the chemistry which is incredibly interesting and rich! Anyways I'm compiling a review of what is known about resins for this type of printer so hopefully the community has a concise handbook for building their dreams!

Student
    Hi Amir,
    I'm Don Sander, an electrical engineer with a MS in electrooptical physics, and an inventor, entrepreneur, and scavenger of free anything. I recently lucked into a 55-gallon drum of clear UV cured resin. I suspect it has a higher viscosity than Peachy Juice, though I may be able to thin it. Do you know the viscosity of Peachy Juice (in centistokes or Zahn cup) or the maximum viscosity resin that Peachy can print with? My resin is Quakercoat 021-UV Clear. It can be thinned with Sartomer 5102 monomer (not sure where to get that yet). Do you want a sample of the resin to experiment with? I hope to find out what dyes can be added to it. I am looking at using a peristaltic pump to replace the drip system after I get my Peachy up and running with Peachy Juice. I hope the pump (or two pumps) will speed the print process and can be used to raise and lower the resin level between slices to ensure all the previously cured areas are coated with fresh wet resin. You can see my thought process on page 5 of The Peachy Printer Suggestion Thread.
    Thanks, DonS

My name is Steve, and I have backed the peachy printer enough to earn a kit. It took me a while to decide to take the plunge and create a Kickstarter account, but I am glad that I did. This will be my first 3D printer. I found the peachy printer when doing a Google search to find tutorials on using Blender for 3D printing. I am especially exited about the rapid progress that is happening right now. I am looking forward to future updates, as I believe that the Peachy Printer will be a great success.

My name is James, and I have been wanting to get into 3d printing for a while but the cost was always a little outside of my budget. I am really looking forward to what I can accomplish with the Peachy Printer.

Hi all. I'm David from Belgium. I've backed the beta peachy on KS. So excited to compare results with my MakerBot Replicator2. Convinced to find ways to push printsize limits and driving the peachy printer via smartphone.

Hey!

I am Günter from Austria! It's my first 3D Printer and well even I dont have much spare currently, I just had to back it and wanted be part of making history. I am amazed of the printer method and try to stay realistic with the printer .

Staff Engineer
    Well, when the KS campaign ended I was jobless and broke, so I wasn't able to fund it then, but since the end of the KS I've gotten a pretty excellent job and have been saving up like crazy to get the things I missed out on.

I danced around like a kid on Christmas when I got the mail that the Backerkit store had opened, and I immediately put my money in for the printer and some extra resin. I'll definitely be brushing up on my Blender skills between now and October.

My name is Constantine I'm 19 and I have a lot of experience in 3d printing (not just for my age). Our highschool had one and there was almost never a time when I wasn't printing something out. I design and print often. along with my age comes a limited amount of money and this was too good to pass up. I also think the printers system is revolutionary and will soon be copied, modified, upgraded and become very prevalent in this community.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast