Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
I can vouch for Prusa MK2 too, bought one 9 months ago and very happy with it. Everything needed to get it printing is included in the kit (even tools), assembly took one evening and print results have been good from the very first print. The auto-calibration even fixes misalignment to certain degree. No need to print parts, unless you want to upgrade. I've done some improvements (Raspi case, Igus bearings, stepper dampeners).
I own a MK2S along with two other printers, and I would say it has some good points and bad points. On the positives is a big build area, PEI base, pretty easy to maintain, but even some simple things like a light or enclosure are missing. And using flex material I would say its average at best.

The biggest flaw, I think, was that Joseph tried to get "techie" and used a proximity sensor rather than a simple switch. As Joseph learned in the years after, was the proximity sensor works differently at different temps. The MK3 tries to compensate for that by measuring the sensor temp, but it still seems overly complex just to tackle a simple problem. Other problems are no filament sensor until recently. For the price, the Prusa is a good deal but not a great deal.