Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The dribble wall on s3d just doesn't work for me.
    The only dual extrusion print i've done regularly. Is a flexible sling pouch 3 layers thick.
    With s3d the first layer didn't do any dribble control, so you essentially get a print with both nozzles simultaneously. Makerware uses a serious dribbla wall and prints them perfectly.
    Haven't tried s3d v 4.0 - because it doesn't work on either of the pcs i use with version 3.1

Could just be me. The dual print wizard, isn't great. But it just seems to lack any kind of effective dribblewall (must be an industry name, but it escapes me at the moment)

In fact due to the sheer hassle of dual extrusion, i've gone back to mono colour pouches and switched from polyflex to filaflex. Bizarrely they're actually for slingers in guam. Where heat and salt water take a toll on both leather and traditional slings.
    The flag if guam is actually sling stone shaped, the chamorros fought off the spanish in the 1600's for three years with slings against firearms.

But to get back to the topic in hand, I would only ever get another dual extruder if it had either independant heads or a multi-into-one mixer type nozzle.
    The dual fixed head extruders are too much of a pita. Also due to the dribble walls, prints take a lot longer and use a lot more filament.

I guess it's one reason i have 2 dual extruder printers and almost never do dual extrusion prints. It's just too much of a hassle.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-27-2017 at 02:26 PM.