yeah I've looked breifly at proftweak. Will probably do the job.
Just been busy since I've had the machine. Keep hoping for a dead period. You know, like the 3 months before I got the machine :-)

But that heart box - I believe the second thing I ever printed - just says: get your end right and I'll print anything at all :-)

I had a gyro thing heading for a perfect print as well - but head got blocked halfway through lol

So yeah, printer is a great bit of kit. heavy duty motors and bars. Love the control panel and screen and I print 90% from sd card.

I've made 3 glass printbeds - so I'll calibrate a bit finer and try blue tape, kapton on glass and abs glue and mess with proftweak and hopefully hit on a solution that works for me most - if not all - of the time.

But none of my issues are the printers fault.

Oh yeah goeff - did you say I need m3 wingnuts ? So far only been able to go down as low as m4 in the hardware shops I've looked in.
Blisters on forefinger and thumb from adjusting hot. hopefully the glass plates will let me calibrate cold.
When i get wingnuts I'll probably print big plastic knobs to fit over them just to make things really easy and less painful to calibrate hot :-)