Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Hybrid View

Technician
    I do indeed know that and that's how I have my KnP operating now with a 2mm glass. But it isn't an ideal solution. I had to really crank the adjusters tight to get there and the springs are pretty much fully compressed. I don't think it would work with a 3mm piece and if so it would be very very tight... too tight... at least on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you know you can adjust up to at least 5mm z-height just by using the adjuster knobs ?
    ie: you simply don't need shims unless you're adding something really thick.

Amazing how many people do things like that when it's not actually necessary.

As far filament holding the best I've found is this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:430453
    I use it with 8mm diameter carriage bolts. I wrap some plumbers tape around the pointy end which also stops the reel sliding off.
    I've got filament spools with all sorts of different diameter holes. Everything from 10mm (flexismart 200gm roll), all taulman spools are around 12mm, on up to ones big enough to put my arm through. So the standard 30mm diameter shaft is pretty much useless.
    The long thin metal bolts work a lot better.

On my delta I use an angled spoolholder which prevents filament tangling round the spool holder, and uses gravity to hold the spool against the machine. Would be pretty easy to make one for the replicator clone machines.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I got two sticky sheets with my knp. one had a paper type surface the other plastic. Currently I have the plastic sheet stuck to the bed and I use pva gluesticks on top of that. Works really well.

Haven't added anything to thick to the knp - but I do have an extra 4mm on the flashforge creator and ahd no problems adjusting bed down that much just with bolts.

You could also simply add the correct z-offset to your slicer.
    You might even be able to add it in in the firmware from the control panel. Have to admit I've never looked, but should be in there somewhere.

Technician
    I still can't believe $299 for this thing. The electronics and power supply all seem to be pretty well made. Metal frame, dual extruder. I guess at this price point the extruders aren't high end but they are plenty capable of printing the high temp stuff, like ABS and PETG. I guess it just goes to show how in a world awash in cheap clones marketing and brand recognition still matter and can affect prices greatly.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Based on replicator dual is what i said.
    All the different clones have variations.
    The knp is one of the highest quality around.

Nozzle ooze is no different than my flashforge creator. Extryder setup is standard, no innovations I can see.

But Like I said - great build quality :-)
    And stupid value for money at the current price.

At the end of the day it's an unenclosed replicator pro for the price of a plywood ctc creator standard that will, most likely, not work.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678