Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    You could also try placing the print on a different spot of the build plate and see if the results replicate.
    I will also try this. The next thing I'm going to try is same orientation to the floor but turned 90 degrees so the wider sides will be closer together. These parts are small enough and they're a specific design to where I will need a decent amount of them so I don't mind reprinting these for testing.

If you haven't yet, print the following, in the order of importance.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1463521 ABS

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:409297 PLA

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1675208 ABS

Go the local parts store and get some 1/8" glass cut to 9 1/8" x 6 1/8". Grab some #4 machine screws with counter sunk heads, about an inch long and some wing nuts, 2 of each. Get some cheap Aqua Net hairspray. Print the first thingy, the corner clip holders in ABS. Once they are done, pull the bed out of the machine. Rip the blue pad off. Remove the front right and rear left screws and nuts on the aluminum plate. Replace with the new #4 screws and attach your corner clips with wing nuts. Spray down your glass with the hair spray and set it out in the sun for 30 minutes. Replace the bed plate and tighten down the wing nuts for the bed leveling quite a bit. Go into the bed level setting and grab your glass. With the carriage over the middle of the bed, with the bed raised up to begin leveling, see if you can sneak the glass in between the bed and the nozzles. If not, tighten the wing nut screws some more. Once you can get the glass in, cancel the leveling and push the bed down some. Tighten up your corner clips to hold the glass. Start pre-warmup of the bed. Once warmed up, go back into the bed leveling and do it properly. With the glass and NOT USING A Z AXIS SHIM, you'll have tighter springs.
    Great tip about the glass setup. I had some pretty bad PLA deformation on the right side so I printed a dual fan duct right away. Really helped. I'll work on that glass upgrade. I've got a menards and lowes here and even window shops but I haven't ever seeked out glass cut to my specs. Hope one of them will do it for me. Do you think getting tempered glass from one of these places is truly comparable to the borosilicate upgrades sold online?

Since I'm starting to figure out this is more of an issue of hardware instead of software I should also ask about upgrading the hot end. Obviously during searches I am consistently running into the Micro Swiss upgrade. How worth it is it and is there comparable stuff out there or should I go with Micro Swiss?

Found it. Here is a section of my starting script in my Qidi profile in S3D. I'll assume the "fast wipe" or the "wait for ooze" is what is causing my priming issue. I received the full script from someone and I honestly don't know what is "safe" to remove from it. Any tips?

G1 X90 Y-68 E24 F2000 ; Extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed
    G1 X100 Y-68 F180 ; Wait for ooze
    G1 X110 Y-68 F5000 ; Fast wipe
    G1 Z1 F100 ; Lift
    G92 A0 B0 ; Zero extruders
    M73 P1 ;@body (notify GPX body has started)

Line 2-5 I'd like to remove completely but I don't really understand anything but the wait command

I think I do have PLA in the left. Make it right and what layers/print height are you using?
    I've got it at .2

Here are the files changed to right extruder. You don't have to print it though. No worries if you can find something slicing just STL file itself

Cart Tray.zip

Oh sorry yeah no problem. One sec

Edit: Here is the STL. My bad. Designed in Designspark

Cart Tray.stl

I'll try printing it with the settings I use and go from there.
    coolio
    Last edited by Nepherael; 07-24-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Do you want me to do one piece or three like you were attempting at the beginning of this post?

I changed it to two pieces for speed sake. Either/Or should show the issue so you can go with 1

To add, I just printed 1 shell (which made it not need gap fill and only did true infill) and they're looking pretty good. Not 100% perfect but no crazy goopy throwing off my layers

Maybe your settings work better for the gap fill issue when printed with 2 shells?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123