Close

Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Those are the proper dimensions as a heated bed has the solder terminals on one side so that is where the 200mm goes and the actual bed is 214mm. In my case Y is the 214mm and X is 200mm and it fits perfectly on the MK2b heated bed. I use 4 clips and they are on the 214mm side (in my case forward side of Y and the backside of Y of the heated bed).

Engineer
    Huh. My solder terminals are on the bottom of the heatbed, so I guess it doesn't matter which way I orient the glass. I'll have to get bigger clips to hold a 3mm piece of glass.

if you did it right the wires go through the holes and are soldered on the opposite side.

edit: No matter there is no reason to have glass over those holes/pads either because you don't want heat near them via transference from the glass and you don't have any heating elements there anyway.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 10-13-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Engineer
    No holes, surface-mount MK1. So you have the glass longest dimension sideways, along the X axis? My heatbed connection is at Y max.

On my I3, looking from front to back, I have the wires on the left side and the clips on the front side and the back side. The glass is a perfect fit.

http://reprap.org/wiki/PCB_Heatbed I updated a lot of the stuff on there earlier this year.

Here is a picture I added of my MK2b (the black one):
    RRD-Mk2b-dual-power-connector_red_blk.jpg

Here is my full board I added to the wiki:
    RRD-Mk2b-dual-power_blk.jpg
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 10-13-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Guys... This thread is already a ridiculous number of pages long... May I ask you to move this discussion to a new thread so this one doesn't get any more chaotic than it already is?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Guys... This thread is already a ridiculous number of pages long... May I ask you to move this discussion to a new thread so this one doesn't get any more chaotic than it already is?

Thanks!
    This is nothing but chaos already but I do think the people out there attempting to use ABL need to realize that plain window/picture frame glass is a futile effort at best. It may work for now but might not in the future and is far from flat like borosilicate (known as Pyrex glass as well) is. It all adds up to people being happy and getting this routine to work.

I know if someone was not using boro glass I would stop the help right there and I say that after using, and attempting to use, the other types of glass.

Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
    If you have a post-processing script already setup, syl20, I'd love to have a look at it.
    Hi,

I hope it is not too late ! I have written a regular perl script for post processing with slic3r. This script replaces the custom Gcode parameters [G29XMIN], [G29YMIN], [G29XMAX], [G29YMAX] by their values.
    The script is very fast (thanks to perl).

You can download the script here : https://github.com/syl-20/Marlin/blo...inting_area.pl
    Last edited by syl20; 10-20-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syl20 View Post
    Hi,

I hope it is not too late ! I have written a regular perl script for post processing with slic3r. This script replaces the custom Gcode parameters [G29XMIN], [G29YMIN], [G29XMAX], [G29YMAX] by their values.
    The script is very fast (thanks to perl).

You can download the script here : https://github.com/syl-20/slic3r_scr...inting_area.pl
    And just to keep things together and easier to find: This is the current Slic3r post processing program. It is untested but appears to do the right thing. We need to either update the original post in this thread to support the extra (and new) parameters or get the new G29 command folded back into the main code tree. But first we need to get some test time on the new code to shake out any bugs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roxy,

With my script :
    - only one script file (~80 lines) ;
    - no need to compile ;
    - no initialisation for x_min, x_max, y_min, y_max (with yours, theses variables are set to 9999.9 > if marlin is set to use micrometer ? )
    - no need to create a new gcode file ; the user file is updated in place ;
    - input and outptut are streamed ;

Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast