Close

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    I followed this post to set it up: http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,297350,399545

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I followed this post to set it up: http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,297350,399545
    That was so sneaky!!!! What he did was:

void pause()
    {
    enquecommand("M600 X0 Y0 Z10 E0 L0");
    enquecommand("G4 P0");
    enquecommand("G4 P0");
    enquecommand("G4 P0");
    }
    He literally jammed a M600 GCode command into the command buffer.... So, yes you are right! Your end of filament switch is using the M600 command to change the filament. Did you notice I didn't say "What you claim can't possibly be true." ??? I really do try to hedge my bets just because of weird stuff like this!

Engineer
    I'm not going to be able to do any work on the printer for at least 5 days. The hotend thermistor just broke on me, and it'll take that long for the replacement to arrive. Without it, the printer will keep throwing a mintemp error.

Edit: Nevermind. I've temporarily wired up what's left of the thermistor to RAMPS, and it's enough to prevent the MINTEMP error, though I cannot run any prints for a week.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-20-2014 at 01:00 PM.

I'll put my Z-Axis at Half Mast for you!

Engineer
    Ok, I have your code base with my settings uploaded. G28 followed by G1 Z0 still results in the nozzle 4mm above the bed.

Ok, I have your code base with my settings uploaded. G28 followed by G1 Z0 still results in the nozzle 4mm above the bed.
    Just to be clear... Your EEPROM is turned off in configuration.h's

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Because if it is... The only place the printer can get the Z Probe Offset from is this line in Configuration.h:

#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -x.xxx

When you change that number, and reload the firmware... You should see different spacing.

Engineer
    Changed my -10.8 offset to -8.8. If you're right, G28 followed by G1 Z0 should put the nozzle 2mm above the bed.

Nope, put it 6mm above the bed. So, changing to -12.8. That put it 2mm above the bed, so trying -14.7.

Yup, with -14.7 offset, G28 followed by G1 Z0 puts the nozzle 0.1mm above the bed as it should.

However...

Following that with a G29 and another G1 Z0, the nozzle now hits the bed and the Z nuts pop out of their holders. I knew the -10.8 offset was correct because of the G29 calculations... well, either the G28 calculations are off, or the G29 ones are off.

I just redid ZennmasterZ's offset procedure, put the nozzle 0.1 above the glass, set it to 0, extend the probe, lower Z until the switch clicks, that's your offset. I got 10.8. Something about G28 is adding 4mm to the Z position.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-20-2014 at 02:54 PM.

I finished reading that thread. You asked:

Also, does anyone know where the retract speed setting is located for M600? It's too high for my printer, it just buzzes the motor. It's actually a handy bug, as I don't have to worry about reseating the filament in the extruder four times.
    This is brute force... But each place you see this line in the M600 code before the 'While ()' loop, just change:

plan_buffer_line(target[X_AXIS], target[Y_AXIS], target[Z_AXIS], target[E_AXIS], feedrate/60, active_extruder);

to

plan_buffer_line(target[X_AXIS], target[Y_AXIS], target[Z_AXIS], target[E_AXIS], feedrate/(10*60), active_extruder);

It will move the X, Y & Z slower too... But the extruder will be slowed down to where it works correctly.

Changed my -10.8 offset to -8.8. If you're right, G28 followed by G1 Z0 should put the nozzle 2mm above the bed.

Nope, put it 6mm above the bed. So, changing to -12.8. That put it 2mm above the bed, so trying -14.7.

Yup, with -14.7 offset, G28 followed by G1 Z0 puts the nozzle 0.1mm above the bed as it should.

However...

Following that with a G29 and another G1 Z0, the nozzle now hits the bed and the Z nuts pop out of their holders. I knew the -10.8 offset was correct because of the G29 calculations... well, either the G28 calculations are off, or the G29 ones are off.

I just redid ZennmasterZ's offset procedure, put the nozzle 0.1 above the glass, set it to 0, extend the probe, lower Z until the switch clicks, that's your offset. I got 10.8. Something about G28 is adding 4mm to the Z position.
    Is your Z-Axis calibrated correctly? Using ProterFace, can you move the nozzle to just touch the bed, and then tell it to go up 10mm ? Does that really move it 10mm ?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Using ProterFace, can you move the nozzle to just touch the bed, and then tell it to go up 10mm ? Does that really move it 10mm ?
    Yes. I measured between the glass and the bottom extrusion, as I can't get my calipers between the glass and nozzle, but it did move 10mm.

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast