Close

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Yeah done that, deleted and replaced code, origin already at front left. Still says too few arguments. Thank you for the fast response. I'll try and do the whole thing again in the morning, it's 2:25am here.

Quote Originally Posted by brainscan View Post
    Yeah done that, deleted and replaced code, origin already at front left. Still says too few arguments. Thank you for the fast response. I'll try and do the whole thing again in the morning, it's 2:25am here.
    It's possible the code base has been updated... And if that is the case, I'll need to warm over the patch. I'll take a look at it in the morning. One way or the other, we'll get it going. Can you .ZIP up your Marlin directory with all the files and attach it to a post? I'll do a DIFF of all the files and figure out what is sick. And with a little luck, I'll be able to get it fixed. And then I'll upload that as a .ZIP file for you to grab.

Update:

I just took a quick look at the current code base on Erik Zalm's site. Not much has changed for 2 or 3 months. So, the easiest way to proceed is what I suggested up above. .ZIP up your code and attach it to your next post. I'll do a diff and probably be able to fix it pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It's possible the code base has been updated... And if that is the case, I'll need to warm over the patch. I'll take a look at it in the morning. One way or the other, we'll get it going. Can you .ZIP up your Marlin directory with all the files and attach it to a post? I'll do a DIFF of all the files and figure out what is sick. And with a little luck, I'll be able to get it fixed. And then I'll upload that as a .ZIP file for you to grab.

Update:

I just took a quick look at the current code base on Erik Zalm's site. Not much has changed for 2 or 3 months. So, the easiest way to proceed is what I suggested up above. .ZIP up your code and attach it to your next post. I'll do a diff and probably be able to fix it pretty quickly.
    Thank you so much for helping me so quickly, I just don't understand programming enough so it could be blatantly obvious what I've done wrong. I've probably deleted something I shouldn't have. Your instructions are really clear so i'm annoyed with myself that I haven't just got it going myself. I tried putting everything in a .zip but its still too big to upload. Ive added marlin_main.cpp and configuration.h I will try and upload a .zip of everything if i can get the file small enough. Thank you again.

Roxy Edit:
    Just make a new directory somewhere on your hard disk and copy all the .h, .cpp, .pde and .py files to it. And then .ZIP that up. It is probably the .obj (or what ever they are called in Arduino) making things too big. But this is enough to get started. I'll see what I can find.

Roxy Edit #2:
    I checked your Configuration.h file and it looked reasonable. You had a big block of bogus code at the end of the G29 code in the Marlin_main.cpp file. I commented it out so you can see what was there. I tried to compile it but there are some mismatches between the code base you have and what I have. I'll need your entire file set (as a .ZIP file) to go any further. Try the newly attached file: Marlin_Main-Brain_Scan.cpp and see if that helps. It should get rid of a lot of the errors, but I was having trouble getting through the RS232 code with your files in place. You can delete the old Marlin_Main.cpp and replace it with the Brain_Scan version that is attached. I also crossed over the M48 command so when you get it to compile you can check the accuracy of your Z-Probe.

Roxy Edit #3:
    Just for kicks I tried to compile against my Configuration.h file. I don't have the problems with the RS-232 (serial) code that you do. I found one problem that needs to be changed in your Configuration.h file. At the end, there is a #define for the number of Servo's. You have it set at 1. I realize you only have one servo, but the software is looking at a table of X,Y and Z for the angle locations. This should be set at 3 because it is the third axis and you need to be able to mess with it. I've attached the new file with that too. It is possible this will compile cleanly on your machine with the rest of your files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-24-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Did you cut and paste that? Or type it by hand? Because ProterFace said:

>>>g29 n 4
    SENDING:G29 N 4

It should be a lower case n and an uppercase G.

G29 n 4 T

And you should disconnect and reconnect. If you use an uppercase N you get PronterFace all messed up and the communications becomes unreliable.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-25-2014 at 05:47 PM.

cut and pasted it, you can see I typed lower case n into the command line but it says sending in all caps. I cant change that.

Sorry my bad i just switched everything back on and tried it again, i didnt realise that it would auto capitalize the whole line if the G was lower case. That was why the other parameters were still working as they work in upper and lower case. Id been putting it in as g29 n5 as this has never been an issue before. Next thing is to try a test print and see what it does. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by brainscan; 06-25-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Im an idiot

Yes, but I think it was already sick at that point. Once it gets sick... It really doesn't matter what you type in. It is possible that 'n' is a bad choice and that should be changed to some other letter.

This is a cut & paste from my PronterFace:

>>>G29 n2
    SENDING:G29 n2
    Eqn coefficients: a: -0.00 b: 0.02 d: 4.11
    planeNormal x: 0.00 y: -0.02 z: 1.00

It echos a lower case n and not an upper case N.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes, but I think it was already sick at that point. Once it gets sick... It really doesn't matter what you type in. It is possible that 'n' is a bad choice and that should be changed to some other letter.

This is a cut & paste from my PronterFace:

>>>G29 n2
    SENDING:G29 n2
    Eqn coefficients: a: -0.00 b: 0.02 d: 4.11
    planeNormal x: 0.00 y: -0.02 z: 1.00

It echos a lower case n and not an upper case N.
    Yeah thats how mine looks now, if I send it all lower case it goes weird so maybe changing it to another letter would be good, or just stop idiots like me wasting your time. I'll let you know how the print goes and if I have any problems. Ill also add the M48 code and add my results to that thread. I think you're right about it being sick already, so fresh marlin and your lovely code is much better, plus I really dont know why I was using Repetier over pronterface.

The G has to be uppercase. I've modified my firmware to accept upper and lower case G's. But in the normal case... If you send it an upper case G29 and the rest lowercase, it should be fine.

>>>G29 n3 T
    SENDING:G29 n3 T
    Eqn coefficients: a: 0.00 b: -0.00 d: -0.78

Bed Height Topography:
    --0.02856 +0.03824 --0.04965
    --0.14106 --0.00473 +0.05894
    --0.01372 +0.07261 +0.06793

planeNormal x: -0.00 y: 0.00 z: 1.00

Bed Level Correction Matrix:
    1.000000 0.000000 0.000530
    0.000000 1.000000 -0.000309
    -0.000530 0.000309 1.000000
    echo:endstops hit: Z:-0.81
    SENDING:M81
    SENDING:M114
    X:166.00 Y:190.00 Z:-0.77 E:0.00 Count X: 166.00 Y:190.00 Z:-0.74

This was my latest bed map hope it helps as i'm stuck.

I answered in the other thread also... But this shouldn't be that hard to figure out. The numbers coming back from the M48 are 1/10 of what your Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER is.

How about you do a G29 n3 T V 4 so we can verify the G29 is seeing the same Z Probe numbers...

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast