Close

Hybrid View

cut and pasted it, you can see I typed lower case n into the command line but it says sending in all caps. I cant change that.

Sorry my bad i just switched everything back on and tried it again, i didnt realise that it would auto capitalize the whole line if the G was lower case. That was why the other parameters were still working as they work in upper and lower case. Id been putting it in as g29 n5 as this has never been an issue before. Next thing is to try a test print and see what it does. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by brainscan; 06-25-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Im an idiot

Yes, but I think it was already sick at that point. Once it gets sick... It really doesn't matter what you type in. It is possible that 'n' is a bad choice and that should be changed to some other letter.

This is a cut & paste from my PronterFace:

>>>G29 n2
    SENDING:G29 n2
    Eqn coefficients: a: -0.00 b: 0.02 d: 4.11
    planeNormal x: 0.00 y: -0.02 z: 1.00

It echos a lower case n and not an upper case N.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes, but I think it was already sick at that point. Once it gets sick... It really doesn't matter what you type in. It is possible that 'n' is a bad choice and that should be changed to some other letter.

This is a cut & paste from my PronterFace:

>>>G29 n2
    SENDING:G29 n2
    Eqn coefficients: a: -0.00 b: 0.02 d: 4.11
    planeNormal x: 0.00 y: -0.02 z: 1.00

It echos a lower case n and not an upper case N.
    Yeah thats how mine looks now, if I send it all lower case it goes weird so maybe changing it to another letter would be good, or just stop idiots like me wasting your time. I'll let you know how the print goes and if I have any problems. Ill also add the M48 code and add my results to that thread. I think you're right about it being sick already, so fresh marlin and your lovely code is much better, plus I really dont know why I was using Repetier over pronterface.

The G has to be uppercase. I've modified my firmware to accept upper and lower case G's. But in the normal case... If you send it an upper case G29 and the rest lowercase, it should be fine.