Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post

The problem is... I can't find that post with the step by step directions. And if I remember right, it was in some thread that was related, but not actually in one of these sticky threads.

Maybe if the person that typed in those steps sees this message, they can say "Its over here..." ????

Arrrggghhhh! It sucks when you know what you need is within grasp, but you can't quite grab it!!!
Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by brucehvn View Post
Well, I haven't actually done it myself, but it appears the steps would be:

First you need to have a github account and be signed in.

Next, on the Marlin firmware main page (https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin), there's a button in the upper right of the page that says "Fork". Hit this and it will fork a copy of the firmware to your github account.

Make your changes in your copy, commit them, and verify everything works as it should.

Back on the Marlin main page, on the right hand side, there's a link for "Pull Requests" Click on that.

You will see a button "New Pull Request". Hit that.

It gets a little fuzzy at this point because I have nothing to submit, but you should be able to select your fork in your account and make that the pull request.

After that, it's up to the Marlin developers as to when and if they merge your pull request into the main branch.

Bruce
Page 8 near the bottom.