Close

Hybrid View

Are those 3 .ZIP files up above what your are using? Because the extra (incorrect) code at the end of the G29 command is back in there????

As part of the communication protocol PronterFace uses capital N's and those get lost from the command line. I'm wondering if Repetier eats all n's ??? I looked at the code and it has to produce an error message if it gets the 'n 99'. Here is something to try:

At the start of the G29, you will see this code:

if ( code_seen('n') ) {
    n_points = code_value();
    if (n_points<2 || n_points>AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS ) {
    SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM("?Number of probed points not plausable.\n");
    break;
    }
    }

Change the:

if ( code_seen('n') ) {

to

if ( code_seen('u') ) {

and give it a G29 u 99 command. With that change, even if Repetier is eating all the n's, you will be able to specify more points (and have it produce an error message). You can also use PronterFace and see if that allows you to specify the number of grid points and that would keep you from having to make the suggested firmware change and reflashing the electronics. If that is what is happening... It will probably make sense to update the code so people using Repetier don't hit this problem in the future.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-25-2014 at 09:41 AM.

The 3 zip files are the old firmware I couldn't get to compile (so not using at all now) you've already seen the marlin main and config from it, that's why the duff code is still in there.
    I started with a brand new version as previously I had just been copying my configuration, pins and thermistor table files over so one or all of those may have been old/corrupt and no longer compatible. I thought if I follow your instruction as though it's a fresh build with fresh copy of marlin we'd at least know the starting point is the same, does that make sense?
    Once I get home I will try pronterface first and see what happens, if it works I will try the change and see if that helps Repetier or not. Hopefully it will fix the other problems. If not I will zip my new version that I'm using for you.
    Thank you again, seriously you don't know how much I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    As part of the communication protocol PronterFace uses capital N's and those get lost from the command line. I'm wondering if Repetier eats all n's ???
    Repetier does seem to eat n's.. It changes "n" to "N" I couldnt figure out how to turn off check sum, but changing the code to use "u" does the trick.

So is everything working?

So is everything working?
    Is it? I am unsure what the next step is supposed to be. It compiled and uploaded just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket1597 View Post
    Repetier does seem to eat n's.. It changes "n" to "N" I couldnt figure out how to turn off check sum, but changing the code to use "u" does the trick.
    *HIGH-FIVE* as I stuck a U/u there as well because Pronterface eats the n and N as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    *HIGH-FIVE* as I stuck a U/u there as well because Pronterface eats the n and N as well.
    This is going to have to be changed. N is a nice symbol to use for the number of probe points, but it is causing too much pain.

This is going to have to be changed. N is a nice symbol to use for the number of probe points, but it is causing too much pain.
    I agree but I also find it alarming that these host programs are eating anything.