Close

Hybrid View

Sorry had to get some food or I was going to start making mistakes (well more than usual).
    >>>G28
    SENDING:G28
    ??? Going to zero Z-Axis with offset of: -7.400000
    >>>M114
    SENDING:M114
    X:84.00 Y:97.00 Z:-0.78 E:0.00 Count X: 84.00 Y:97.00 Z:-0.78

And you still have these lines in the Configuration.h file?

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 0 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 0 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 0 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    And you still have these lines in the Configuration.h file?

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 0 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 0 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 0 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points
    Yes, they are all still set to 0

Is there a reason you have #define Z_SAFE_HOMING disabled? It shouldn't matter, but it is causing things to go down drastically different code paths than what is happening on my system. Can this be enabled for the debugging process?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Is there a reason you have #define Z_SAFE_HOMING disabled? It shouldn't matter, but it is causing things to go down drastically different code paths than what is happening on my system. Can this be enabled for the debugging process?
    I have this enabled currently, it was off in the first configuration.h I gave you.
    Last edited by brainscan; 06-29-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Can you attach your current Configuration.h and Marlin_main.cpp to your next post so we both have the same code to work off of?
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-29-2014 at 03:46 PM.

I really can't work out how i've messed things up so badly, i'm so sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by brainscan; 06-29-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added configuration_adv.h

Ok Thread Hogs. I have one question:

Is there a complete copy of the code that has to be entered for the amazing G29 thing to happen, AND are there instructions on how to upload the code?

Since this is the MakerFarm forum, I'd expect that the code would be immediately applicable to the MakerFarm i3 8" version of Marlin.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Ok Thread Hogs.
    Well... Nobody else was talking in this thread! But this thread is devoted to getting the Enhanced G29 code running!

I have one question:
    Is there a complete copy of the code that has to be entered for the amazing G29 thing to happen, AND are there instructions on how to upload the code?
    The complete code to do the upgrade is in the first post of this thread. It does assume you have the basic Auto_Bed_Leveling working. If so, the upgrade is pretty straight forward. There are two different .cpp pieces to paste in place. And I just downloaded the updated code base yesterday because Brain_Scan said he was using Arduino v1.0.1 It would have been attached as a .ZIP file to this post but it is bigger than allowed. Goto: https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin and look in the lower right corner of the screen for the 'Download .ZIP' button.

Probably, it makes sense to first get the new code base running with your Configuration.h file. There will be a couple of new #define's that you will have to hunt down in the current Configuration.h and move them to your Configuration.h file.

Then, it would make sense to get the basic bed leveling going.

And then apply the upgrade patches.

Since this is the MakerFarm forum, I'd expect that the code would be immediately applicable to the MakerFarm i3 8" version of Marlin.

Old Man Emu
    MakerFarm runs Marlin code, so "Yes! It works on MakerFarm!"

But you are mistaken about this being the MakerFarm forum. There was a similar thread in the MakerFarm section (I think because that is what they had for hardware) and I suggested we move the discussion here where the back and forth Chit Chat wouldn't cause trouble.

As it turns out... Arduino v1.0.x is not as quick and easy to use as the v.22 version. Every time you 'Upload' it wants to 'Compile' even if you just 'Compiled'. But given the big difference in version numbers it probably doesn't make sense to keep using v.22 So, get v1.0.5 of Arduino at http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software and grab the .ZIP file at https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin. See if you can get that running on your machine. And then see if you can get Auto_Bed_Leveling turned on and limping along.

Then we can get the upgraded version going pretty easily.

Hopefully... it will only be 1 or 2 back and forth posts to get your firmware up and going!!!
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-30-2014 at 01:57 PM.