Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    What good is the gcode because it isn't adding the offsets from the G29 and that is what will possibly crash the head.
    The Auto Bed Level Correction is done entirely on the Printer side of things. The G29 will tell you the 3x3 Bed Level Correction matrix that it generates. Once it has that, any coordinate it gets from the GCODE is multiplied by that matrix to 'correct' it for your printer.

I have my bed on springs so if a mistake happens, I usually have time to press the reset button. But one thing you can do is add a little more offset from your Z_PROBE_OFFSET number and verify things make sense by just printing in the air and see if the gap look reasonable. And then maybe cut the extra gap in half and try again and verify everything is reasonable. And cut in half again... It is extra time and effort, but if you are worried about destroying things, it is a way to get there safely.

Alternatively... What I did the first time was I had Safe Z Homing turned on so it would do the G28 in the center of the bed. I did the G29 and moved back to the center of the bed. I moved the nozzle to about 1 or 2mm from the bed and then started moving to each corner. The nozzle should stay the same height from the bed at each corner (because the bed leveling will be active after the G29). If you confirm that, you should have some level of confidence things are going to behave correctly.
    Last edited by Roxy; 08-31-2014 at 10:53 AM.