Close

Hybrid View

I had to start using arduino 1.0.1 as it stopped compiling when I downloaded a fresher copy of marlin a few months ago. Do I need to use 0022? I will do what you've said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by brainscan View Post
    I had to start using arduino 1.0.1 as it stopped compiling when I downloaded a fresher copy of marlin a few months ago. Do I need to use 0022? I will do what you've said otherwise.
    Yes, I think you should be using V.22 I tried to switch to v1.0.1 and had problems with the Marlin Serial Communication code not wanting to compile. I looked at what it would take to warm that over and 'fix' it. I decided against doing that because any updates to the Marlin code would have to be crossed over again and again. I figured I would wait until the community was ready to all move at once to the updated version of Arduino.

But go ahead and compile this with v1.0.1 just because I'm curious what it is going to say about the value of Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER

Roxy EDIT:

Ah... It looks like the community has moved on... Maybe you shouldn't go back to v.22 ????
    Let me check this out a little more.

OK... It looks like the current code base compiles clean in Arduino v1.0.5 !!! So it should be OK to keep using your v1.0.1 I'm going to migrate my stuff over to the new environment.

Go ahead and add those 3 lines to the G28 command.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-29-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Sorry had to get some food or I was going to start making mistakes (well more than usual).
    >>>G28
    SENDING:G28
    ??? Going to zero Z-Axis with offset of: -7.400000
    >>>M114
    SENDING:M114
    X:84.00 Y:97.00 Z:-0.78 E:0.00 Count X: 84.00 Y:97.00 Z:-0.78

And you still have these lines in the Configuration.h file?

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 0 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 0 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 0 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    And you still have these lines in the Configuration.h file?

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 0 // (in mm) Raise Z before homing (G28) for Probe Clearance.
    #define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 0 //How much the extruder will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 0 //How much the extruder will be raised when traveling from between next probing points
    Yes, they are all still set to 0

Is there a reason you have #define Z_SAFE_HOMING disabled? It shouldn't matter, but it is causing things to go down drastically different code paths than what is happening on my system. Can this be enabled for the debugging process?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Is there a reason you have #define Z_SAFE_HOMING disabled? It shouldn't matter, but it is causing things to go down drastically different code paths than what is happening on my system. Can this be enabled for the debugging process?
    I have this enabled currently, it was off in the first configuration.h I gave you.
    Last edited by brainscan; 06-29-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling