Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I am not sure because is it supposed to act like that? For instance home Z in pronterface is DOA with ABL. When I move the head in the X, or the Y, direction is Z, and the other axis, suppose to move too?

I don't know the answers to the above questions and maybe you do or could try it with your setup and tell me? I can't print with it yet as I am waiting for my new switches (my old switch required just too much pressure to activate) and assorted hardware or I would try to print again.
    Well, I've never seen that behavior. For homing Z, I will see the message coming from the firmware that I have to home X and Y before Z if I haven't homed X and Y first. But I've never seen the thing with all axes moving. I use Repetier Host though.

Quote Originally Posted by brucehvn View Post
    Well, I've never seen that behavior. For homing Z, I will see the message coming from the firmware that I have to home X and Y before Z if I haven't homed X and Y first. But I've never seen the thing with all axes moving. I use Repetier Host though.
    Yeah, this may be a pronterface dealio and I only see that message you are talking about if I hit G29 first but in Pronterface you can home each axis individually via a button and homing X, and Y, that way still works but forget it with Z just does nothing.