Yup, happens every time. I just back arrow then select again. Works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepherael View Post
Just a quick anecdote. I use an FFCP clone (Qidi Tech 1) and EVERY SINGLE TIME I put my SD card in I choose the "read from SD card" option and EVERY SINGLE TIME it says "SD card read error". When this happens I literally just hit the Select/OK button and hit it again right away and the files show up.

I've been believing it is an initialization issue with the firmware within the system itself (I think Qidi uses modified sailfish) and have not had an issue yet just hitting the select button until the models load up.

I am using the SD card mine was shipped with. I tend to not believe it is an issue with it being an inferior card because it happens EVERY time. It is not intermittent as if something is low quality within the card itself (this is in my case. I know your symptoms are a little different). I also have read many many reports of this exact same thing happening on FFCP's and Qidi's.

I'm sure you've tried to continually go into the SD menu but I hope that helps. Maybe there's a way to "factory default" your FFCP. If you haven't changed any firmware settings within the printer itself or updated the firmware then going to factory default shouldn't cause any issues and maybe it will help with initializing SD card reading.