I don't know whether we would have compensated you for the print head, that kinda depends whether we thought you should repair it or buy a new one and really we are a shop so we tend to sell components; "Your print head doesn't work, buy a new one". But we run a different business. I think if we did do repairs we would have probably offered you both options, although the fix may have been very straight forward so they may have thought it was the simplest option. On balance, I think probably I wouldn't have offered compensation for this, but that is a personal experience and given not being part of the conversation.

When it comes down to users doing there own work, we would notify them that it would invalidate any warranty that existed and that they did so at their own risk. If they insisted we would provide guidance if we could. However we don't do repairs ourselves per se, we are a shop as I said so our case is a bit different. But we would certainly have expected them to follow this strategy. We would certainly never advise that a customer does their own work. I am surprised they suggested you did do your own work. That has to be a "on your head be it" scenario as you have no idea as to people's competency levels; "I didn't have a screwdriver so I got the side panel off with a hammer". I think with this aspect though, if it was something we had asked you to do (although I seem to remember you saying they offered to bring it in and do it for you (??????)), there are some circumstances in which I could see that we would have brought it in to rectify.

It's a shame this all went wrong for you. Maybe a more robust communications strategy is required by Cel-Robox. I would guess that your only hope now is that they are learning from this experience and applying that to there support. I think for you it sounds like you are not going to get any further, they have decided to close your support ticket. Basically "you're wearing trainers and you ain't getting in". Having said that, if you're not from the UK you may not understand the last comment, it's to do with nightclubs.

Now go and print something, if you still have a 3d printer that is. It's very relaxing watching them print for some unknown reason.