The information that was left out of this statement is that the print head in question was at least one year out of warranty when it had a problem. As a Robox user I know that the failure that this user states caused the print head's second failure happens without warning, so even though the technician worked on the print head, there was no way to predict that this failure would occur. The majority of my print heads have lasted hundreds of hours past their "end of life", so there was no reason for the technician to predict the failure and offer a replacement instead of a repair, especially considering a repair was a little less than 1/3 the price of a replacement. It is unfortunate that the second failure happened so soon after the repair, but as the technician offered a repair of the printer itself instead of immediately looking to the print head as the source of the issue, there was no suspicion that the print head would fail again.

Yes, the Robox print head is complex. The complexity brings a functionality to the printer that the KickStarter supporters and the manufacturer felt was worth exploring. Having compared the Robox to a printer without this technology, I prefer my Robox printer because of its simplicity of operation and the fact that I calibrate it once and then don't have to worry about it unless the head needs to be replaced. There are no adjustments needed for flow rates for different materials, I have two nozzles available on the head, and I can switch between them on consecutive prints or even in the same print to get the benefits of both a detail nozzle and a fill nozzle. For me and the way I use my printer, this is worth the cost of the print head. The last E3D I looked at was half the price of the Robox print head and was just a hot end with a single nozzle.

It is interesting to note that this user is the only one I have ever heard of being banned from the Robox forum, and I am fairly active in that forum. It makes me wonder what caused the moderator of the forum to change three years of precedent for this user.