Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Hybrid View

Add agmtech on Facebook Add agmtech on Google+
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/QIDI-TECHNO...&keywords=qidi

Amazon.co.uk - £585
    But Currently unavailable...

Technologist
    Being harder doesn't make it more fragile, being weaker would. A lot of people don't seem to understand some of the terms when it comes to breaking or failing parts. A material can either be hard/rigid or soft/ductile, and anywhere along the scale. Think of concrete, it is hard, it doesn't bend it crumbles and cracks. Steel isn't as hard, it bends and when it fails it's usually more of a tear than a crack/crumble/shatter.

Some materials have brittle failures (hard materials, like concrete and PLA) where they shatter/crack/break violently. Some materials will bend and tear (think of metals, ABS) in what's called a ductile failure. Ductile failures are usually preferred because they aren't as dangerous or violent, and it's more of a gradual failure than a sudden one so you can fix it when it starts to show signs of failure. Note: this does not make ductile materials stronger. PLA is actually stronger than ABS.

I personally prefer PLA, it prints much better and turns out much stronger, especially when considering layer adhesion. I'm not even talking about an I3 clone, this is on my semi enclosed solidoodle 2 with a bed moving only in the z axis and a heatbed at upwards of a hundred degrees. The ABS prints break along the layers and look downright ugly compared to the quality of the PLA.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Yeah pla will snap if bent in extremis, but it's not brittle.
    If you hit it with a hammer it'll usually dent.

Part of that is how a 3d printer build things. a solid skin with a honeycombed interior will resist shattering as it disrupts the transfer of shockwaves.
    A totally solid item will have a much greater inclination to shatter as it will permit the transmission of shockwaves through the whole item.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    I own a Qidi Tech 1 and would recommend it. A piece of 9"x6" glass, some hair spray, a short dial indicator with a 3/8"-10mm shaft, some parts printed from Thingiverse and it hasn't missed a beat! PLA and ABS capable. The filament it comes with is actually pretty darn good and you get two full rolls. I did have a temp sensor go bad within the first week of owning, but they sent me a complete hot end, minus the extruder motors to fix it and I had the parts in just a few days.
    Oh, Flashprint works great with it! And its FREE. Get an older version and not the desktop or whatever it is called.
    Alright thanks, i'll keep an eye on flashprint

Technician
    Heck, you might try flashprint with your XYZ.
    I'll see if it's compatible and has no problems, thanks again!

Engineer
    Get the QiDi

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the qidi piddles on the xyz from a great height.

No clue whether the current ones use g-code or x3g files.
    Flashprint works fine with them - basically an easier to use version of cura.

Checked their website - says g-code - so any slicer will work. :-)

basically it's a replicator dual pro. But upgraded and not using the mightyboard - so no need for x3g conversion :-)
    Wow, well these 2 got my attention really, let me check what i can find here in europe, also the delta doesn't seem too complicated to build, easier than our old geetech at a first glance.

Download Flashprint and select Creator Pro as your printer. Find a small object for a first test print and see where the Davinci centers it. Have your finger on the reset/off button just in case it tries to jam the head into something. The Davinci does use an SD card, right?
    No sd card, i have a davinci 1.0 Pro, probably older models support the sd card, i'll try using flashprint and do what you say, or better the printer is actually at my friend's atm, so i can only tell him what to do

Thanks guys your help is much much appreciated, anything else it comes on your mind, i'm here reading!

Technician
    No heated bed. Someone was on here within the last couple of weeks that just purchased one. He/she returned it.
    Basically no ABS? I understand, so better ignore it

Anything pretty good around 500€? Not more than 550 possibly? And possibly on amazon?

Engineer
    I've got the QiDi Tech 1, no personal hands-on time with an X-one. Tech 1 uses X3G, not GCODE. There is usually a X3G converter application (like thingiverse GPX https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:81425 ) or a selection in the slicer.

Technician
    I think all of the rod sizes are different, 8mm versus 10mm, but that might be because of the extra weight of the dual head carriage.

Edit: Nope, just looked and both are now made with 10mm rods.

https://www.qiditechnology.com/ $629 on their website, not sure about shipping. The X-one shows out of stock.

I don't see an enclosure on the X-one though.
    Right, didn't notice it has no enclosure, it'd cost me 450€ which is pretty good. So basically the best among those, curious aardvark suggested, is the x-one

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast