As a hobbyist, you will generally fall under the "fair use" clause of the copyright laws, at least in the US. I'm not sure exactly how it works in other countries, but I assume it's similar for the most part.

Meaning if you want to create something that has material copyrighted in it, you are usually ok to do so as long is it can be called a craft or a hobby. If I wanted to make a few cornhole game sets with some NFL or college logos on it and sell them at craft fairs or roadside or even online, that's ok. But if setup my woodshop to focus on mass production of these, even as a 1 man shop, and I'm putting out a few dozen of them a week, if the copyright holder takes umbrage to this, they have a right to stop me.

So basically, it depends on how much are you cutting into their bottom line. If you are making craft items to promote a brand, then usually that brand sees it as the consumer will buy licensed things along with the occasional craft item. But if you are in direct competition with the brand, then they make take action.