Close

Hybrid View

Student
    If you follow the links they ALWAYS post with the article and look through the clients websites, what they are mostly quoting is from a PRESS RELEASE from the client themselves. Be very careful what you call copyright infringement. Russ

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiloquinRuss View Post
    If you follow the links they ALWAYS post with the article and look through the clients websites, what they are mostly quoting is from a PRESS RELEASE from the client themselves. Be very careful what you call copyright infringement. Russ
    This really isn't the case Chiloquin. I've seen on numerous occasions where they have had an article that was composed at least 50% of sniplets from multiple websites. For example, they may take one setense from the NY times, another from the Philiadelphia Enquirer, and another from ABC News (note this is just an examples I'm throwing out there). I've seen it happen several times, and have heard of others complain about this. I assume that if the original writers don't have issue with this there is no big deal, but it's not how you make a name for yourself in the journalism business (trust me I've been a journalist for several years). On top of this, they should have the writers name, and easy contact information of the writer for when problems like this occur, but that's no biggy. Just my 2 cents