Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Actually my question is quite different.
If you built the computer yourself (spec is largely irrevelant these days, my main cad machine cost under £100 to build) - why on earth did you put windows 10 on it ?
7 is easy to get hold of as are many variants of linux - all of which piddle on 10 from a truly staggering height.
Well... lol
I put my copy of 7 on this computer when I got done building it last July. Then a friend told me that Microsoft was offering a free upgrade to 10 from 7 or 8 til the end of July. I was a little hesitant at first, but figured why not and upgraded on the last day they were offering it. I can't really say I'm disappointed with 10... it's been a nice experience so far.

My laptop had 8 on it, and I planned on using the laptop for all this 3d printing stuff. But, my desktop can do 3d software (using 3ds Max 2013) and run many programs effortlessly, plus the dual 24" monitors... and I gave the laptop to my oldest son since I literally haven't used the thing more than 3 times since I finished this computer.

I have been flirting with the idea of the whole dual OS and installing some Linux on this machine as well... I just never really got around to it :|